Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Wedding and a Quilt

My niece Candace and her fellow Alex were married on September 3rd.  It was a glorious day, a beautiful wedding and a fantastic party!! The wedding ceremony was held in the gardens at the Lakeside Hotel - just off the beach.


Here is their wedding quilt that I made for them.  I used a free pattern off of the Moda site called Rouenneries http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/fp_quilting.  Candace's favourtie colour is purple and their wedding colours were purple and lime green.  I needed a quick pattern as the wedding was fast approaching and it was the middle of August before I had a chance to start it.  The modern pattern suits them and was fun to piece.  The quilting pantograph pattern used was Purple Meadow......how appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment