Monday, September 12, 2011

Harvest Time

Well it's harvest time at the Gillespie’s.  My mother came by yesterday to give me a hand and we cleaned off the nectarine tree.  There are a few blemishes from the hot sun but wow are they sweet and juicy.


Our Italian Plum tree is loaded.....not sure what I am going to do with all of them.  There is only so much plum pudding one can take.....

My mom harvesting the plums

Our dog Fergus enjoying the shade while we work.....
              


My husband's grape crop (one very large plant) is also ready for harvesting.  He is away working right now so I have been left with a strong suggestion that I should make grape jelly......hmmmmm.  And to boot we went over to a friends to help pick their tomatoes and apples.  Now it's can I make salsa as well?  After this week of being dolly domestic I am hanging up my apron and getting back to quilting.......I can hear it calling my name!


No comments:

Post a Comment