Sunday, May 15, 2011

Quilt Show Results!!

Last weekend The Ottawa Valley Quilt Guild held their bi-annual quilt show.  I was pleased to learn the results.  I had two of my quilts entered; Big City Lights (my New York Beauty quilt) and Tree of Life.  Big City Lights won third in it's category (large wall quilt) and a 2nd place merit ribbon.  Tree of Life also won a third place merit ribbon in the same category.


But what thrilled me the most is that a couple of my customers won 1st place ribbons in their categories.

Trudene du Toit took 1st place in the Large Wall Quilt category for her quilt "Stars for a New Day".  She also received a merit award for Best Piecing and 1st place Viewers Choice award.  I can truly say that it was one of the quilts I most enjoyed quilting.  Congratulations Trudene!!





Heather Jarmyn also won 1st place for her quilt "My Midnight Garden" in the category - Large Bed Quilt Appliqued.  Heather also had this quilt juried into the Canadian National Juried Show in 2009.  Beautiful Quilt Heather,  Congratulations!!




No comments:

Post a Comment