Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teaching in Kitimat

Where, do you ask, is Kitimat?  The easy answer is: halfway up the west coast of BC - a two hour flight North from Vancouver to Terrace followed by a hour long drive to Kitimat.

I was contacted two months ago by the local guild about flying in for a weekend to teach. They have a very active, albeit isolated, guild.  Each year they conduct local fund-raising so they can bring in an instructor to teach.  This year, I was asked to teach my Big City Lights pattern (aka New York Beauty) and Fibre Layering. Since returning from Ottawa I was busy ordering supplies, printing patterns and assembling kits.  I flew up last Thursday and was met by wonderful people and spectacular scenery.  I taught Friday and Saturday and even had the local tour. I think I even had more fun then the quilty ladies!! A special thanks goes to Karen for organizing the trip, as well as my hosts Janet and Gary. What a fantastic weekend!!!

Fibre layering

Big City Lights

Some perspective!

Beautiful scenery
After the whirlwind weekend, I returned Sunday just in time to get ready for our long weekend camping trip.  When, oh when, will I get time to get back to quilting? Oh well, I should have most of July and August to quilt, dye new batches of fabric, design new art projects and get ready for the fall quilt shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment