Sunday, October 3, 2010

New York Beauty Quilt

One of the projects I was working on in September was my New York Beauty Quilt.  It has been pieced for quite some time and was just waiting to be quilted.  I was inspired one weekend and went to town.  My friend thinks I should call my quilt "Not Me!"  This came about because as I was describing my weekend to her; Housework - Not Me!; cooking - Not Me!; laundry - Not Me!;  I just quilted and quilted.  It was a lot of fun trying new techniques and glitter thread!!

I will be teaching this piecing technique at The Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild in November.

Here are the steps taken to make this quilt beautiful.

Waiting to be quilted....

On the machine and ready to go...

Thread decisions????

Closeup of stitching

Adding the crystals - New York is all about the Bling!!


.....and she is done!!

Double click the picture to see the detail.

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I'm really enjoying looking at all your lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like New York Beauty quilts. Love all the points and looks like those turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! well done. I finished a NYB in May this year, still trying to figure how to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete